Bike Concord is holding our second-ever general meeting this Sunday, August 30, 11am to 5pm at Grant St Pub & Pizzeria, 1822 Grant St, Concord.
We’ll report on what we’ve been doing so far, get to know each other, discuss current and possible projects, and divide up tasks to get everything done – see the agenda below.
Anyone who wants to help may attend, even if you can only help with a task or two. We’re an open, friendly group and will try to make you feel welcome.
Food will be provided, drinks on your own. This is more than your ordinary meeting – we’ve got a packed agenda and we’re looking for future Bike Concord leaders and organizers to step up and help us out! We understand that Sundays are precious and we will do our best to make this a fun and rewarding afternoon.
If you can attend, please RSVP either at gm2.bikeconcord.org or by commenting here. That way we can make sure there’s enough food for everybody.
Hope to see you there!
- 11:00am – Welcome! Introductions, agenda presentation, and settling in
- A quick history of Bike Concord and all we’ve accomplished so far
- Building Bike Concord Vision – 30 min
- A vision statement(s) informs individuals who want to join Bike Concord what our beliefs and governing principles are for achieving a safer Concord. The vision also informs the goals and actions (steps toward achieving the goals) and how we build our relationships with partner organizations.
Lunch! Let Bike Concord treat you
- Advocacy – 1 hour
- Current organizers will discuss ongoing projects happening in the City of Concord followed by a discussion looking towards future campaigns, how to prioritize our work, and how to build more partnerships.
- Fundraising – 1 hour
- Report on Bike Concord’s current financial situation. Discussion on what our fundraising goals should be, membership options, and how we want to grow Bike Concord’s capacity.
- Events – 1 hour
- We’ve got a growing number of annual events – let’s recap what we’ve got, and what more we need to do this year and beyond. Christmas Tamale ride is high on this list 😉 Let’s talk priorities, event leads, and organization methods. How do we keep track of all of the events, best practices in organizing them, and more?
- Next Steps
- Who will take an active role in helping flesh out these topics and goals we set for ourselves today?
- 5:00pm – Social Hour! Group decision can be made to go for a ride and a drink