The Bay Area’s Bike to Work Day is on Thursday, May 14 this year. It’s a day when businesses and community organizations get together to encourage people to try commuting to work by bicycle.
Part of that encouragement is in the form of energizer stations. These are spots along commute routes where bicyclists can take a break, receive a variety of freebies like tote bags, t-shirts, and snacks, and be cheered on their way to work.
There are several energizer stations in Concord for this year’s BTWD, hosted by our local community organizations, businesses, and government agencies. If you’re able, please try riding to work next Thursday, and drop by one of these stations for a well-deserved rest!
- Front of 1371 Detroit Ave (Meadow Homes Elementary School), 7:00-8:30 am, Monument Impact.
- Front of 1135 Lacey Ln (Cambridge Elementary School), 7:00-8:30 am, Monument Impact.
- Near fare gates at Concord BART, 7:00-9:00 am & 4:00-6:00 pm, Bank of America/County Connection.
- Monument Corridor Trail across from Mohr Ln at Monument Blvd, 7:00-10:00 am & 4:00-7:00 pm, City of Concord/AssetMark.
- Outside Academic Services Lobby (Cal State East Bay Concord), 7:30-9:00 am & 4:30-6:00 pm, Cal State East Bay Concord.
- Front of 1900 Grant St (Todos Santos Plaza), 2:00-5:00 pm, Umpqua Bank.
- Monument Corridor Trail at Meadow Ln, 3:00-5:30 pm, Monument Impact.